Helm schützt !!

Mitteilungen der Vereinten-Sk8-Nationen, generelle Infos, Einsätze

Moderatoren: Moderatoren, Picknicker, karokoenig

Mike
Articles: 0

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Mike »

McFly hat geschrieben:Man munkelt, in einem schwedischen Möbelhaus gibt es die Leuchtmittel zur Zeit im mehrfachen Dutzend günstig! 8)
Der Hersteller rät dringend von derartigen Plagiaten ab. Für ein solches Hi-Tech-Produkt kann der Hersteller die Garantie nur bei Verwendung von Original-Ersatzteilen übernehmen.
Skaten macht sehr schnell abhängig: Fangen Sie gar nicht erst an!

Rheinfrank

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Rheinfrank »

Liebe Mitskater/Mitskaterinnen!

LEIDER heißt es alle Jahre wieder:

http://nachrichten.t-online.de/13-jaehr ... 4096/index

Zwar steht im Artikel nichts darüber, ob die Verunglückte einen Helm trug, aber es zeigt doch immer wieder, dass unser geliebter Sport auch seine gefährlichen Seiten hat.

Also: HELM auf, denn HELM schützt!!

Gruß
Frank

Bundestrainer
Articles: 5

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Bundestrainer »

... der Express weiß vermeintlich mehr
http://www.express.de/duesseldorf/unfal ... 21918.html
Vermutlich hätten die schlimmsten Folgen des Sturzes verhindert werden können: Die beiden Mädchen hatten keinerlei Schutzkleidung getragen - weder einen Helm, noch Knie-, oder Ellbogenschoner.
Teenager in eine depressive Stimmung zu versetzen ist wie Fische aus einem Fass angeln! [Bart Simpson]

Birgitta

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Birgitta »

Das war im Kölner Express heute sogar als Schlagzeile auf der Titelseite - immerhin auch mit dem Hinweis "Ohne Helm".
Wenn der eine oder andere, der das liest, in Zukunft mit Helm fährt, wäre ja schon was gewonnen.

Gestern Abend waren ja leider auch wieder mehrere ohne Helm dabei... :roll:

azumi

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von azumi »

That's horrible. :(

This article shows the scene,
http://www.wz-newsline.de/lokales/rhein ... -1.1051352

This street doesn't look any dangerous to me. I mean I'm used to way steeper roads. Certainly I did fall a few times. Though I think I know how to fall properly. And so far I have never worn a helmet for inline skating.
To be honest I really don't like helmets. Nonetheless kids should always wear full protection gear!

This article brings me down. :(

Picknicker
Articles: 18
Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Picknicker »

Den Beitrag von meinem Vorredner kann ich leider nicht verstehen, er ist aber sicher interessant.

Übrigens zeigt der (Düsseldorfer) Express heute einen Inlineskater mit vorbildlicher Schutzausrüstung, der unter vollem Körpereinsatz einen Riverjump ohne River macht :shock:
www.rollnacht.de -- www.nrw-inlinetour.de -- www.radnacht.de -- www.flaeming-rollevent.de

Die Party People, die beim Skaten tanzen und schreien, die lad' ich ein und wir feiern permanent, das als Argument, warum man mich den Picknicker nennt! (c)F4

Birgitta

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Birgitta »

azumi hat geschrieben:...Certainly I did fall a few times. Though I think I know how to fall properly. And so far I have never worn a helmet for inline skating.
To be honest I really don't like helmets. Nonetheless kids should always wear full protection gear!
Why only kids?? There are also adults who have died in accidents, because they were not wearing a helmet. They probably also thought they knew how to skate and fall properly...

azumi

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von azumi »

Birgitta hat geschrieben:Why only kids?? There are also adults who have died in accidents, because they were not wearing a helmet. They probably also thought they knew how to skate and fall properly...
Kids are not aware of the consequences of their choices. They learn by mirroring others. They do not know what is good or bad until they learn from their mistakes. Since inline skating can be an activity of high risk guidance is mandatory. Once the kids have had enough experiences they can choose the appropriate level of protection which is a balance of risk of the activity against the inconvenience of protecting yourself against that risk.

Clearly there is a risk of death from head injury for ever being. Still we do not put on a helmet when we drive a car simply because we do not like the inconvenience and discomfort of wearing one. And we do know about the risk of head injuries otherwise we wouldn't have developed airbags.

I think for many of us the main reason is enjoying the feeling of being uncluttered, which is not the same as being unrestricted. We are all different, hence you should always use the level of protection you are most comfortable with. Even with protection you can get hurt. For instance, a whiplash can paralyse and there is no protection for that.

Mike

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Mike »

Hi Azumi,

As far as I am concerned, I actually even enjoy wearing protection gear and a helmet. Sounds weird, doesn’t it? But I tell you three reasons why:

Firstly:
The helmet gives me a feeling of invulnerability (which, of course, isn’t the case in real terms – but at least a step towards this direction). So I actually love the feeling of being cluttered (I would feel naked without).

Secondly:
The helmet distinguishes me from beginners which, as a rule, don’t use helmets (I hope, it’s not just the helmet which distinguishes me from beginners). :oops:

Thirdly:
The helmet offers plenty of space for installing the latest hi-tech equipment such as state-of-the-art helmet lamps, cameras, etc. (and I love hi-tech equipment).

azumi

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von azumi »

Mike, I can relate to your first point. When I wear protection I'm more likely willed to do sophisticated maneuvers. Usually I wear wrist-guards only. But on skate nights I wear in addition knee-pads merely due to the people around me. You never know what they might do. For instance, falling in front of you.

Why would you want to be distinguished from beginners? :)

Using the helmet as a storage device reminds me of soldiers. But I like the idea.

Mike

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von Mike »

azumi hat geschrieben:When I wear protection I'm more likely willed to do sophisticated maneuvers.
So, in fact, wearing protection can be dangerous, since it makes you perform sophisticated maneuvers. :)
azumi hat geschrieben:Why would you want to be distinguished from beginners? :)
You're right. I don't care about what people think of my capabilities. This was merely an approach to motivate beginners (in order not to be identified as such) to use a helmet (a psychological trick).
azumi hat geschrieben:Using the helmet as a storage device reminds me of soldiers. But I like the idea.
I also skate in darkness. So it's not simply a storage device, it’s a multiple-use integrated interface for future-oriented high-grade skating.

azumi

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von azumi »

Isn't it obvious? Dangerous is my second name. :o
Seriously, the human body is quite fragile. Hence better take only risks accordingly to your level of protection.

I had a feeling about it. Such tricks don't work on me. :)

You are a skate soldier. :shock: I bet your weapon of choice is a camera? But hey I have a headlight too.

niko

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von niko »

azumi hat geschrieben: Kids are not aware of the consequences of their choices. They learn by mirroring others.
For example responsible adults...
azumi hat geschrieben: They do not know what is good or bad until they learn from their mistakes.
Correct in principle. Now ask the 13year old what she learned from her mistake and if she has the chance to change her beaviour...
azumi hat geschrieben: Once the kids have had enough experiences they can choose the appropriate level of protection which is a balance of risk of the activity against the inconvenience of protecting yourself against that risk.
And if your experience is fatal or results in lifelong disbility? Your comment about mirroring others is very true - now you have to decide how you want to lead by example... ;-)
azumi hat geschrieben: Clearly there is a risk of death from head injury for ever being. Still we do not put on a helmet when we drive a car simply because we do not like the inconvenience and discomfort of wearing one.
Incorrect. Our helmet is the car and the seatbelt. And guess what - when you drive a car fast in a race (which is what I do), helmets and rollcages are mandatory. Bloody inconvenient but they safe lives.
azumi hat geschrieben: We are all different, hence you should always use the level of protection you are most comfortable with.
I would agree if I knew you were paying for your medical treatment all by yourself. But as my health insurance policy rates rise regularly because of "increased costs" (e.g. for head surgeries or paying life-long for treating victims of accidents) I have a slightly different view on responsibilites and impact of own actions to others...And as a sidenote: try to convince the police officer who stops you for not wearing a seat belt in your car and see if he buys into your line of argumentation... ;-)

Happy and safe skating
niko
(always with helmet)

azumi

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von azumi »

Responsible adults, is that directed at us or the parents? :? Anyway, people cause us to do what we do. It's a process of learning. People change people.

Just being alive is dangerous on its own. It always ends the same way, we do die. Nowadays most severe accidents happen by car. And still people drive cars and they are not willed to wear a helmet or any other protection gear, unless of course it is mandatory like in a race.

A seatbelt is not a helmet. It merely prevents your body from flying through the windshield in case of an impact. Precisely, helmets are inconvenient hence we don't wear them in cars. Still they very likely would save a lot of lives.

Health insurance, surgery and lifelong treatment of people, all these, generates employment.
The regular increase of your health insurance fee does not represent an increase of treatments. It is rather based on the fact that CEOs become more and more greedy. Oh and only the superclass is wealthy enough to pay for their medical treatment all by themselves. But then again, they have high-class physicians; who are beyond working for a governmental health insurance system.

What is very important is to have the awareness of the consequences of your choices and measure them up against how likely it is to happen to you. For instance, if you have children at home who depend on you, the consequence of your death or disability is far greater than if you did not.

By the way, in America it is not mandatory to wear a helmet when riding a motorbike. But then again, health insurance is also optional.

artur

Helm schützt !!

Beitrag von artur »

@azumi,

best advice: skate without helm in texas at your own risk.
Then your only have to have your revolvers and guns to protect yourself,
you don't have to think about your head or health insurance...

Antworten